The RMC200 supports all of the most important features of the RMC70 and RMC150. Special features include:
- Feature Key — The removable and field-upgradable Feature Key token in the CPU module specifies the number of customer-ordered control loops.
- Analog Resolution — Analog resolution increased to 18 bits for both inputs and outputs.
- Control Loop Times — Lower control loop times, down to 125 μsec.
- Correction Factor — Negative correction factor for load cells.
- Feedback Filters — More feedback filter types.
Modules Are Easy to Install and Remove
The RMC200 modules are designed to be user-installable and removable. The modules rock in and out, rotating around a pivot point. Modules may be installed and removed without being damaged while the RMC200 is powered. The pivot action ensures the electrical pins engage the base pins in a certain order, preventing damage to the module. Note: this is not hot-swapping in the sense of removing modules while equipment is operating.
Durable Construction for a Long-Lasting Controller
An aluminum base and modules composed of 22 gauge nickel-plated steel sheet metal and PC/ABS plastic provide a long-lasting industrial controller. Indicator LEDs on each module aid troubleshooting and doors make for a clean appearance. The tops of the modules are angled downward to help ensure space for airflow, and to allow the modules to be removed while remaining within the footprint of the base.
Screws That are Easy to Access
Each module is secured to the base via a captive screw, which extends toward the front of the module for easy screwdriver access.
Unpluggable Terminal Blocks
The wiring connections are made via unpluggable terminal blocks, which help facilitate the removal of modules in the field. Terminal blocks latch into place and the push-in wire capture style facilitates efficient and reliable wiring. A wire hold-down clip and cable tie points help keep wiring organized.
Delta Computer Systems, Motion Controllers